February 26, 2013 by bustedoven
This morning I laid in bed for a few minutes after I woke up. I was really enjoying the possibility that I might be pregnant, and I knew that if I took my temperature and it was way down that feeling would be over.
So I took a couple minutes to enjoy being hopeful and imagining how it would feel to see my first ever positive pregnancy test.
And then I took my temperature. And it had PLUMMETED. And then I took a pregnancy test. And it was stark white negative.
I’m disappointed, of course, because I know for sure now that my period is right around the corner, maybe today, maybe tomorrow, maybe because of the medication it will be Thursday.
And if the cycle after you have an HSG is your best shot at getting pregnant, and even our best shot didn’t work, well… maybe my oven’s more busted than I realized. Maybe I have that thing that Charlotte had on Sex and the City where I’m attacking my husband’s sperm??!? Oh god, do I have a militant vagina??!
So, to cheer myself up, I’ve been making a list in my head of the pros of this cycle not working out…
- Wine! There will be wine.
- I can keep my appointment for next Saturday to get my hair dyed. Yay, no roots!
- I was nervous about telling my friend who just lost her pregnancy that I was pregnant. It was going to be awful timing.
- I found out recently that you’re not really supposed to eat bacon while pregnant? WTF?! I am going on an all-bacon diet for the next week, at least.
- The 25-pack of pregnancy tests I just cracked into won’t go to waste.
- If I come across a trampoline, I can jump on it all I want.